Why not excape the stress of everyday life and head for some mood-enhancing fun in Tees Valley.
- Wrap up warm and take a refreshing walk along Saltburn Beach
- Enjoy a day of pampering therapies at Be All You Can in the beautiful Rigwood House, Saltburn
- Put yourself in the picture with a visit to mima’s latest fascinating exhibition
- Experience nature with a day of bird-watching and wildlife spotting at Saltholme Wildlife Reserve and Discovery Park
- Take a meditation class at Atisha Kadampa Buddist Centre
- Laugh your socks off at a one of the area’s regular comedy events
- Indulge in a day of shopping and cocktails in Yarm.
- Take afternoon tea at Wynyard Hall
- Relax at Rockliffe Hall’s gorgeous spa or golf course
- Drink in the atmosphere with a brewery tour at Cameron’s Brewery Visitor Centre
Whether you’re looking for ideas to entertain the kids, someone has a birthday or you just want to treat your little angels we've found 10 ways to entertain.
- Experience life on a working farm at Newham Grange Country Farm
- Take a ride on Saltburn’s Miniature Railway
- Go down a real life mine at Cleveland Ironstone Mining Museum
- Catch a children’s show at the theatres in Middlesbrough, Darlington and ARC, Stockton
- Take the brood to Hartlepool’s Maritime Experience for a Children’s Adventure Centre, a Playship and traditional outdoor games
- Visit an indoor tropical garden and wonder at the butterflies at Butterfly World, plus say hello to the resident meerkats
- See flying displays and meet baby owls and baby vultures at Kirkleatham Owl Centre
- Feed the animals at Stewart Park and discover about the world’s most famous navigator at the Captain Cook Birthplace Museum situated within the park
- Visit Nature’s World for an eco-experience you’ll never forget
- Enjoy delicious homemade ice-cream at Archer’s Jersey Farm
Every region has it’s own specialities and local produce not to be missed – here are our top Tees Valley tastes.
- Pacitto’s lemon top ice-cream at Redcar
- Beer from Camerons Brewery, Hartlepool
- A Newbould’s pork pie
- Ice-cream from Archer’s Jersey Farm, Darlington
- Fish and chips at Saltburn
- A sweet treat from Chocollini’s at Saltburn
- A Petch’s Pie in Great Ayton
- Latest catch for Hodgson’s Fishmongers Inn, Yarm
- Ale from Pinchinthorpe Hall’s microbrewery, Guisborough
Top 5 Country Pubs
Pic and Choose
Shuffle through photos of the area for some inspiration for what to do in Tees Valley!
Follow Jane Wellington on all her antics out and about in the area.
See the latest exhibitions and collections on display in Middlesbrough.
Indulge in a relaxing morning or afternoon of treatments.
Why not enjoy stroll along the cobbled streets of this beautiful old style market town and pick up a bargain.
Welcome to the Day Planner. Use this tool to organise and save your days out, print maps, and view journey details. Alternatively, choose from an exciting range of specially compiled itineraries.
To build your own Itinerary, click to add an item to your Day Planner basket.